Lehigh Coal and Navigation Company Records - Item 11: Wall Map of Lehigh County (On Roller)
Text for Lehigh Coal and Navigation Company Records - Item 11: Wall Map of Lehigh County (On Roller)
Court House, Allentown Pa., Crane Iron Works, Allentown Foundry & Machine Works, Thayer Erdmann, Wilson & Co., Manufacturers of steam engines, boilers, coal & freight cars, shafting & mill gearing, furnace & mining work, McHose & Ritter, Allentown Fire Brick Works, Steam planing mill & lumber van, lehigh tube works, albright & co., Thomas Iron Works, Lehigh Valley Iron Works, Junction of the Lehigh Valley & Ironton Railroad, Lanark Residence of C. Wittman, and Muehlberg Vineyard Saucon Valley Pa., Historical Notes of Lehigh County.
This County of Lehigh was organized on the 6th day of March, 1812, with its present boundaries. Prior to this, it formed a part of Northampton County, which was divided by Bucks County in 1752; the latter has been one of the three original counties of the State of Pennsylvania. The County of Lehigh, at the time of organization, was divided in the Townships of Upper Milford, Upper Saucon, Salsburg, Northampton, Hanover, South Whitehall, North Whitehall, Macungie, Weisenburg, Lowhili, Lynn and Heidelberg.The Borough of Catasauqua was formed of Hanover Township, and incorporated February 8th. Millerstown was separated from Lower Macungie and organized into a Borough, November 13th, 1857. Emaus, formerly a Moravian Mission, constituting a part of Salsburg Township, was chartered a Borough, August 1, 1859. By the Court of Quarter Session, the Township of Macungie was divided into Upper and Lower Macungie, May 3rd, 1832. The boundaries of the Townships of Salsburg and Upper Saucan were corrected and legally fixed May 5th, 1838. Heidelberg Township was organized and divided into two separate townships, called Washington and Heidelberg, December 6th, 1847. Upper MIlford was divided into Upper and Lower Milford, December 6th, 1847. By an Act of Assembly a new election district was formed out of parts of North and South Whitehall, being the initiative of the forthcoming Township of Copley. The population of Lehigh County in year 1840 was 25,780 inhabitants.
Residence of Charles Kline Esq., Allentown Wooden Mills, Henry Gabriel, Residence of David Thomas, Esq., Catasauqua, Fountain Mills, Cedar Springs, Hiram J. Schantz, Allentown Academy, Slatington & Quarries, Allentown Rolling Mill Company, Puddling mill, boilerhouse, rail mill, office, Gr. P. Wells Residence, 3rd Ward School House, German Lutheran Church, German Methodist Church, S. Town Hall, Reformed Church, 4th Ward School House, English Church, Court House, Allentown Seminary, 2nd Ward School House, 1st Ward School House, Allentown Iron Works, Iron Mines at Ironton, Allentown Seminary, Lehigh County Poorhouse, Residence of James Fuller Esq., Kern & Miller's Brewery, Odd fellow's hall, Residence of Henry King Esq, Statistical Table of Lehigh County, Census 1860, George P. Weil's Residence, Residence of John Biery Esq., orefield, Lehigh Furnace, Little Lehigh Mills, Distillery & Farm, E. Schreiber Proprietor. Plan of the borough of Catasauqua, Hanover Tp., Northampton, Lehigh River, South White Hall, Schuylkill County, West Penn Tp., Plan of the village of Germansville, P.O., Plan of the village of Steinsville, Plan of the village of Fogelsville, Plan of the Borough of Millerstown, Plan of the Borough of Allentown, Plan of the village of New Texas, Plan of the Borough of Emaus, Map of Bethlehem and vicinity, Plan of Friedensville and the zinc mines, Plan of the village of coopersburg, plan of seigersville P.O., plan of slatington, plan of Hokendauqua, plan of Ironton and vicinity, plan of Orefield, plan of slatdale, labarsville, plan of trexlertown, plan of schnecksville, plan of guthsville, plan of saegersville.