1. Tuesday. Drawing, with one walk down town.
Evening reading Tennyson, Foul weather
2. Wednesday. Drawing &c. Morse & Mrs Kidder
called, he off for Boston. / In doors most part of
3. Thursday. Drawing, writing &c. To the �Lyceum�
in the evening with Brown, Waud & Robinson. The
latter hath a trick of romancing anent munificent behavior of
authors and managers to him, thereby representing himself un-
wittingly as a general mendicant. Also he is prone to achieve
piddling loans of folk. / The play of the Evening Coleman�s
�Poor Gentleman.� One of those standard pieces, with some sterling
stuff and a monstrous deal of conventional puppet twaddle in
them. Brougham played Ollapod, and well.
4. Friday. Writing all day. Letter home &c.
5. Saturday. Finished article for �Times�. Called at
Weldon�s in the afternoon, then to Times Office, thence
to Picayune Office. To the Fulton Street folk, awhile
with Brightly, Waud & Holcomb. With the two former
& Brown to Genin�s, thence up Broadway. They joined
me at my room after supper. Talk awhile, till 10,