Search >> Dramatic Feuilleton
An electronic version of this text is available at The Vault at Pfaff's in a CONTENTdm viewer.
Quelqu'un [Winter, William]. "Dramatic Feuilleton." New-York Saturday Press. 14 Jul. 1860: 3.
Type: newspaper ; Genre: theater criticism
Quelqu'un addresses the General Public in this Feuilleton and claims that he lost the first draft of his column on an omnibus "like the authoress of 'Nothing to Wear'" (3). Claims that he discussed Brougham in his original piece, and mentions Brougham's upcoming benefit (which will include a performance of Pohcohontas, trip to Europe, and encourages readers to go see him. Quelqu'un prints a dialogue he heard between two "Buckeyes" leaving Nixon's. Quelqu'un also remembers that his original Feuilleton discussed the sale of Burton's "theatrical effects." Quelqu'un reports that the Tycoon has had a "brilliant run" at Jefferson's and will be followed by a performance of Our American Cousin that will involve the original cast (3). Quelqu'un also mentions the other upcoming benefits and who they will honor.
People who Created this Work
People Mentioned in this Work
- Brougham, John [pages: 3]
- Quelqu'un claims that the Feuilleton he lost discussed Brougham (3). Quelqu'un reports that Mr. W. J. Florence will star in Brougham's new Burlesque, The Great Eastern during his benefit at Wallack's (3).
- Jefferson, Joseph [pages: 3]
- Quelqu'un reports that the Tycoon has had a "brilliant run at Jefferson's (3). He also reports that Our American Cousin will be performed next with the original cast (3). Quelqu'un mentions Jefferson's upcoming benefit and that he will debut his character "Paul Pry" (3).
- O'Brien, Fitz-James [pages: 3]
- Quelqu'un reports that the Tycoon has had a "brilliant run" at Jefferson's (3).
- Sothern, Edward Askew [pages: 3]
- Quelqu'un reports that Our American Cousin will be performed next at Jefferson's with the original cast. He claims it will be "on the most approved Sothern principles" and is "A Dundreary Prospect!" (3).
- Wallack’s Lyceum (Theater) [pages: 3]
- Quelqu'un reports that Mr. W.J. Florence will have a benefit at Wallack's and will star in Brougham's new Burlesque, The Great Eastern (3).