Search >> O'Brien as Poet and Soldier
An electronic version of this text is available at Google Books, a digital repository of texts provided by Google that is free and open to the public. It is funded through advertising revenue. (Viewing the electronic version of this text will lead you to an external website. Please report dead links to email@example.com.)
Wood, Frank. "O'Brien as Poet and Soldier." The Poems and Stories of Fitz-James O'Brien; Collected and Edited, with a Sketch of the Author. Ed. Winter, William. Boston: James R. Osgood and Company, 1881. xxxvi-xlv.
Type: book ; Genre: biography
People who Created this Work
- Arnold, George
- Arnold's tribute to O'Brien's "Personal Characteristics" is included alongside Wood's tribute to the "Poet and Soldier."
- Winter, William
- Edited the collection of O'Brien's work and the biographies as related by those who knew him.
- Wood, Frank
- Wood wrote a tribute to O'Brien which was published elsewhere and then collected by Winter.
People Mentioned in this Work
- O'Brien, Fitz-James [pages: xxxvi-xlv]
- Wood's tribute to O'Brien as "Soldier and Poet" includes biographical information as well as his assessment of O'Brien's contribution to literature.
- Winter, William
- Winter collected tributes on O'Brien's life and professional accomplishments, including pieces by Wood and Arnold which had previously been published elsewhere. Winter included these in the edited collection of O'Brien's works.
- Wood, Frank [pages: xxxvi-xxxvii]
- William Winter's footnotes to Wood's tribute to O'Brien include biographical details about Wood's life and professional career.
- O'Brien, Fitz-James. The Poems and Stories of Fitz-James O'Brien. Collected and Edited, with a Sketch of the Author, by William Winter. Ed. William Winter. Boston: J.R. Osgood and Co., 1881. 485 p. [more about this work]
- Winter's edited volume of O'Brien's work includes tributes written by Pfaff's regulars George Arnold and Frank Wood, detailing O'Brien's life and assessing his professional accomplishments.
- Wood, Frank. "O'Brien as Poet and Soldier." New York Leader. 12 Apr. 1862. [more about this work]
- Wood's tribute to O'Brien as "Soldier and Poet" includes biographical information as well as his assessment of O'Brien's contribution to literature. Winter's footnotes include biographical and professional information about Wood as well.