- The Invasion of Johnson County: War on Powder Creek (1976)
- A free-spirited Bostonian recently arrived in the West teams up with a crusty Wyoming cowboy to stop a land baron's attempts to drive out a group of small ranchers and take over their property.
- Johnson County War (2002)
- A movie based around Nate Champion's last stand at the K.C. Ranch, except that his role was played by a fictitious character named Cain Hammett. Although a lot of the information is relatively valid, the characters are not real.
- Shane (1953)
- This classic western is based on Jack Schaefer's book with the same title. The set-up of the story line is loosely based on the events surrounding the Johnson County War, although the plot and characters are completely fictitious.
- The Virginian (1914, 1923, 1929, 1946, 2000)
- A movie based on Owen Wister's novel of the same name has been remade a number of times. The Virginian is loosely based on the Johnson County War, though it focuses more heavily on the lynchings leading up to the final battle.
- The Virginian, also known as The Men from Shiloh (TV series 1962-1971)
- At ninety minutes an episode, the show lasted for nine seasons (249 episodes) on NBC. The plot is based around the Shiloh Ranch in Wyoming in the 1800s and deals with a number of subjects from social injustice to racial prejudice.
Buffalo Bill and the Indians, or Sitting Bull's History Lesson (1976)
Drag-A-Long Droopy (1954 short)
Mr. Horn (1979)
Range Feud (1931)
The Redhead from Wyoming (1953)
Tom Horn (1980)