Evening, Waud calling, went to Brooklyn with
him, calling on Davis. Waud goeth into boarding this
12. Friday. Wretched wet day. Breakfasted at
the Shades, and drew on till 4 o�clock, not stirring
out. To the Engravers, then Wells & Webb, then dined
at Sweeneys, then to room, and a busy, writing & drawing
evening. No visitors all day long.
13. Saturday. Down town all day long, at the En-
gravers. Bunnell & Price�s, Lantern & Reveille Offices.
Very sick all day, internal agonizations. Lockington &c
Bowl of milk eaten & to bed. Waud in Swinton & Fays
Office during the evening.
14. Sunday. In doors, Writing home, all day long.
Frosty day, chill wind out o�doors. Waud with me
all the evening, reading. Note from Brown.
15. Monday. Down town, calls, Bunnell�s, Lan-
tern Office, Post Office, Engravers, Whig Review. Return
and drawing all day. Unwell & matagrabolized. A
letter from Barth.
16. Tuesday. Down town with drawing, Bunnell�s.
Powell there, to Lantern Office, to Post Office, Engravers,
Tailors, Mr Hammetts, Reveille Office &c. Return